Recently, God has allowed YOKE to make some key organization changes. These changes will position us for growth and sustainability. The hope is that these changes will make our current staff more effective and in turn make YOKE a better tool for God to use. Here is a snapshot of these exciting changes.
- Our newest staffer, Leah McRae, began in late February and recently served as International Adoption Coordinator for Bethany Christian Services. She is a full time Area Coordinator responsible for several area clubs. Leah is a former YOKE folk, Camp Ba Yo Ca staffer, and a highly engaged Christian leader in Knoxville. We are excited and blessed to have her.
- Stephanie Enger most recently served as YOKE’s Program Director. Stephanie has done an outstanding job but recently chose a new part time role as Community Outreach Director (and full time mommy to two beautiful little girls, Audrey and Lydia). Her new focus will help guide public relations, develop Church and Community awareness, and manage communications. She will also continue to coordinate Anderson County and the Future Folk program. We are excited about Stephanie filling this much needed role and very blessed to retain her experience, commitment, and versatility.
- Chase Snyder has been promoted to Assistant Director/Program Manager, replacing Stephanie. Chase has done a terrific job as Area Coordinator and brings a level of maturity and insight to YOKE that is well beyond his years. He will lead and equip Area Coordinators, develop programs (Clubs, Camps, Kid Time), develop and manage Volunteer Services, and support the Director as needed. Chase is a blessing and we look forward to him building on the foundation laid by Stephanie.
- Anne Snyder will soon move into the part time role of Development and Grants Coordinator after serving as a full time Area Coordinator since April 2010 in Jefferson and Knox counties. If it slipped by you, Anne and Chase are married (they met and fell in love at YOKE) and are expecting their first child in June. We are looking forward to baby Snyder and Anne’s future responsibilities. She will coordinate development activities like grant writing, assist YOKE in reaching development goals, and coordinate YOKE’s web presence.
- YOKE is blessed with the continued service of Christina Jones (Area Coordinator in Blount County), Cindy Carter (Office Manager), and Helen Coatney (Alumni Director and the glue that keeps us together). Without them we could not serve kids and connect them with Christ.
God is good. He has blessed us with incredible servants in our volunteer base and staff, and He has blessed us with you. Thank you for your ministry in us and through us.